We’re visionary innovator who provide trading and workflow automation solutions, high-value analytics, and strategic consulting to corporations, financial institutions, central banks, and governments. More than 40% of the world’s largest companies use our solutions. We’ve achieved tremendous growth by bringing together some of the best and most successful financial technology companies in the world.
At ION, we offer careers that provide many opportunities: To invent. To design. To collaborate. To build. To transform businesses and empower people around the world to do more, faster and better than before. Imagine what you can do and experience. This is where you can do your best work.
Your duties and responsibilities
• Work with cloud platform teams to design, develop, debug and support platforms, services and application workspaces.
• Work with the application teams to design, develop, debug and support new cloud-native applications and migrate existing applications to the cloud.
• Regularly evaluate the best cloud applications, hardware, and practices to keep the ION Cloud up to date with the best of breed available in the industry.
• Maintain strong and continuous engagement with security experts internally and externally to ensure the ION Cloud architecture and operating model is up to the top security standards.
• Work with stakeholders to understand customers' needs and to implement the cloud strategies accordingly.
We might ask you to perform other tasks and duties as your role expands.
Your skills, experience, and qualifications
Core skill: example technologies
• Cloud platforms: AWS, Azure, GCP.
• Container platforms: OpenShift, Kubernetes, Swarm.
• CI/CD platforms: Jenkins, Spinnaker, Argo CD, Azure DevOps, AWS CodeStar, GCP Cloud Build.
• Artifact platforms: Nexus, Artifactory.
• Languages: Bash, PowerShell, Python, Node.js
, Go, Rust, Java.
• Orchestration tools: Terraform, Pulumi, CloudFormation templates, ARM templates, GCP Deployment Manager templates.
• Configuration management tools: Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Salt.
• Microservices and cloud-native architectures supporting the highest security standards.
• Understanding of network architecture and application development methodologies.
• Understanding of SOA, object-oriented analysis and design, and/or client/server systems.
• Experience working with diverse, remote, and distributed teams across multiple regions and time zones.
• A proven track record as engineer, capable of working directly with teams, embedded in the delivery model.
• Security awareness and research: understand the importance of security best practices and know-how to establish a robust set of defenses in line with the company requirements.
This position is for a full-time, permanent contract with the possibility to work remotely in Italy.
According to the Italian Law (L.68/99
) please note that candidates from the disability list will be given priority.
Due to the high volume of applications, only those candidates that meet the required criteria for selection will be contacted.
If you’re from a non-EU country, you must have a valid EU visa or work permit.
We will only consider direct applications. CVs received via recruitment agencies will not be accepted.