What are we trying to do?
The ION Group is the world’s largest financial software company, providing state of the art technology to many of the worlds largest banks and corporations.
The IT2 product is focused on Treasury management, primarily for multi national corporations and small banks, providing our clients with comprehensive cash management, forecasting, reconciliation, trade management, risk management, accounting, hedge accounting, inhouse banking, advanced reporting, and other functionality with an emphasis on automation, usability, and ease of integration.
The IT2 solution is used by approx. 200 clients, and the business is growing fast. There is a need to grow the development team to accelerate the roadmap, both functional and technical.
What do we need help with?
We are looking for good team players with good inter-personal communication skills who can contribute to all phases of the software development lifecycle, helping improve the product architecture, designing and writing solid, testable, efficient code, and testing, using automation where possible, following agile development methodology. The candidate should be able to liaise and communicate well with product management, client support, and implementation teams.
What will you do?
· Be part of the teams implementing new software functionality in C++, C# and MS SQL following Agile practices.
· Interact with Product Managers to understand the business and non-functional requirements, ensuring they are fully understood by creating well defined acceptance criteria.
· Convert the business requirements into a software solution, involving all aspects of the development lifecycle: analysis, design, automated tests, coding, QA testing, performance benchmarks, deployment automation.
· Collaborate with local and remote teams solving business requirements and targeting excellence in terms of quality and performance.
· Coordinate and cooperate with other team members.
· Work with the Customer Support team to solve client reported issues.
What will you need to know?
· Minimum 4 years solid software development experience, ideally building products rather than projects
· Expert developing with C++. Some experience with other languages beneficial
· Experience with developing and deploying REST APIs
· Experience of authentication and security as relates to product development
· Enthusiasm for high quality software development and following best practices including adoption of appropriate technologies where they make sense to a business
· Good problem-solving skills and critical thinking, excellent design skills
· Good understanding of data structures and design patterns
· Be organized, persistent, reliable and detail oriented
· Excellent relationship-building and communication skills
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
· AWS (Amazon Web Services) Cloud services
· Knowledge of relational database management e.g., MS SQL Server
· Exposure to multi-threading (with C++ or C#)
· One click deployments, for example using ansible
· Visual Studio, MS SQL Server or MySQL
· Microsoft Foundation Class, Windows API, Windows Threads
· Other script language and notations: JSON, Python, XML
· Performance tuning and benchmarking
We’re a diverse group of visionary innovators who provide trading and workflow automation software, high-value analytics, and strategic consulting to corporations, central banks, financial institutions, and governments. More than 40% of the world’s largest companies use our solutions. Founded in 1999, we’ve achieved tremendous growth by bringing together some of the best and most successful financial technology companies in the world.
Over 2,000 of the world’s leading corporations, including 50% of the Fortune 500 and 30% of the world’s central banks, trust ION solutions to manage their cash, in-house banking, commodity supply chain, trading and risk.
Over 800 of the world’s leading banks and broker-dealers use our electronic trading platforms to operate the world’s financial market infrastructure.
With 10,000 employees and offices in more than 40 cities around the globe, ION is a rapidly expanding and dynamic group.
At ION, we offer careers that provide many opportunities: To invent. To design. To collaborate. To build. To transform businesses and empower people around the world to do more, faster and better than before. Imagine what you can do and experience. This is where you can do your best work.