The City Financials development team is looking for someone who thrives on both technical and business challenges, who is keen both to learn and teach alike, and who wants to build on their talents and help lead City Financials to our next level of technical and commercial success. The role is to help evolve the product architecture, develop new components, enhance existing components, resolve issues, and test them primarily using automation, in the sector-leading ION Treasury product set, which is used by over 900 Banks and Corporations.
· Be part of the teams developing and maintaining the City Financials software application in C# and Delphi.
· Interact with the business experts to understand the end user requirements, enabling you to develop the business area knowledge over time.
· Convert the requirements into a software solution, involving all aspects of the development lifecyle: Design, Acceptance Test Driven Development, Code (server and web API), Performance benchmarks, Documentation & Deployment automation.
· Collaborate with local and remote team solving business requirements and targeting excellence in terms of quality and performance.
· Coaching other team members.
Required Experience, Skills and Qualifications
· Core C# and/or Delphi: Hands-on software development experience in C# and/or Delphi (experience with LINQ desirable)
· Three to five years proven experience in a prior developer/programmer role
· Solid problem-solving skills and experience in the full application life cycle
· Willingness to embrace new technologies whenever the opportunity/need arises
· Experience in writing and debugging SQL queries on Microsoft SQL Server
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; “Can do” attitude, positive, outgoing personality
· A driven individual who demonstrates initiative and pro-activeness and the ability to learn quickly and adapt to different situations
· Transparency; team-player; tenacious, self-motivated and an “achiever”
· Ability to work effectively as part of a small busy team, to take responsibility; to quickly establish trust and credibility with stakeholders and to understand and resolve customer issues
· Experience of working on a client/server application
· Designing and creating unit tests
· Experience of Robot Framework
· Experience of Agile or Scrum development practices
· Experience with RESTful web services
We’re a diverse group of visionary innovators who provide trading and workflow automation software, high-value analytics, and strategic consulting to corporations, central banks, financial institutions, and governments. More than 40% of the world’s largest companies use our solutions. Founded in 1999, we’ve achieved tremendous growth by bringing together some of the best and most successful financial technology companies in the world.
• Over 2,000 of the world’s leading corporations, including 50% of the Fortune 500 and 30% of the world’s central banks, trust ION solutions to manage their cash, in-house banking, commodity supply chain, trading and risk.
• Over 800 of the world’s leading banks and broker-dealers use our electronic trading platforms to operate the world’s financial market infrastructure.
With 10,000 employees and offices in more than 40 cities around the globe, ION is a rapidly expanding and dynamic group.
At ION, we offer careers that provide many opportunities: To invent. To design. To collaborate. To build. To transform businesses and empower people around the world to do more, faster and better than before. Imagine what you can do and experience. This is where you can do your best work.