We’re a diverse group of innovators who provide trading and workflow automation software, high-value analytics, and strategic consulting to corporations, central banks, financial institutions, and governments. More than 40% of the world’s largest companies use our solutions. Founded in 1999, we’ve achieved tremendous growth by bringing together some of the best and most successful financial technology companies in the world.
· Over 2,000 of the world’s leading corporations, including 50% of the Fortune 500 and 30% of the world’s central banks, trust ION solutions to manage their cash, in-house banking, commodity supply chain, trading and risk.
· Over 800 of the world’s leading banks and broker-dealers use our electronic trading platforms to operate the world’s financial market infrastructure.
Within ION Analytics we help clients find advantage in a world of information overload and fragmented systems. Our business information solutions blend expert journalism and analytics with data to help banks, advisors, investors, law firms and corporations find opportunities in markets ranging from equities and fixed income to infrastructure and private equity.
On our platform clients can break through silos to originate opportunities, find buyers, and use resources efficiently, and our advanced workflow automation tools cut through the noise to deliver personalized, targeted information that saves time and effort, and drives better decisions.
With 10,000 employees and offices in more than 40 cities around the globe, ION is a rapidly expanding and dynamic group.
At ION, we offer careers that provide many opportunities: To invent. To design. To collaborate. To build. To transform businesses and empower people around the world to do more, faster and better than before. Imagine what you can do and experience. This is where you can do your best work.
We are seeking an RPA Developer with 2+ years experience to assist with the delivery of robotic and intelligent automation solutions within the Commercial/Client function. Reporting to the Head of Automation you will work closely with key stakeholders to develop proprietary RPA solutions that either automate end-to-end sales processes or augment existing processes to improve the productiveness of sales. You will play a key role in defining and scaling our organisation’s RPA and tactical scripting strategy.
Roles & responsibilities
· Understanding business process requirements and design
· Work with business and technology teams to analyse and assess automation feasibility
· Able to support and assist with drive in change management of existing processes - be an advocate for RPA
· Model and design RPA solution based on business operational needs
· Develop and deploy RPA solutions following the iterative development practices suitable for delivering low-code, configurable and secure automation business applications
· Able to plan and organise work to ensure solution is completed within agreed time scale with any risks and issues identified and raised as early as possible to allow time for mitigation
· Ensure that solutions meet or exceed functional, technical, and performance requirements
· Ensure quality of coded components in accordance with latest QA best practises including regression, unit and end-to-end integration testing, to minimise bugs
· Monitoring and maintaining automated workflows post implementation and resolving any potential bugs to ensure that business processes function at optimum efficiency
· Producing process documentation to outline mistakes, successes, better practices/alternative solutions that could be used in the future and refine processes going forward
· Updating and maintaining Developer Standards around RPA best practices
· Mentoring and guiding RPA developers via code reviews, dev sessions and pair-programming, including novice from business team with the aim of giving them ownership of relevant automated workflows
Essential skills and competencies
· A depth of demonstrable experience in an industry-recognized RPA tool such as UiPath, Blue Prism, Automation Anywhere, Power Automate etc.
· Proficiency in a programming language, such as C#, Java, SQL, Python or .NET
· Experience of agile software development methodologies (Scrum, Kanban etc.)
· Basic knowledge of Machine Learning (ML) and Artificial Intelligence (AI)
· Experience of Azure, AWS
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Proactive problem solver, attention to detail and quality conscious
· Must be able to multitask and able to work on multiple projects at a given time
· Ability to work to deadlines and manage expectations
· Comfortable interacting with business stakeholders and internal clients
· Willingness to learn and become an expert in RPA and other automation technologies
· Be a quick learner and demonstrate ability to adapt to change