We’re a diverse group of visionary innovators who provide trading and workflow automation software, high-value analytics, and strategic consulting to corporations, central banks, financial institutions, and governments. More than 40% of the world’s largest companies use our solutions. Founded in 1999, we’ve achieved tremendous growth by bringing together some of the best and most successful financial technology companies in the world.
Over 2,000 of the world’s leading corporations, including 50% of the Fortune 500 and 30% of the world’s central banks, trust ION solutions to manage their cash, in-house banking, commodity supply chain, trading and risk.
Over 800 of the world’s leading banks and broker-dealers use our electronic trading platforms to operate the world’s financial market infrastructure.
With 10,000 employees and offices in more than 40 cities around the globe, ION is a rapidly expanding and dynamic group.
Within ION Analytics we help clients find advantage in a world of information overload and fragmented systems. Our business information solutions blend expert journalism and analytics with data to help banks, advisors, investors, law firms and corporations find opportunities in markets ranging from equities and fixed income to infrastructure and private equity.
On our platform clients can break through silos to originate opportunities, find buyers, and use resources efficiently, and our advanced workflow automation tools cut through the noise to deliver personalized, targeted information that saves time and effort, and drives better decisions.
At ION, we offer careers that provide many opportunities: To invent. To design. To collaborate. To build. To transform businesses and empower people around the world to do more, faster and better than before. Imagine what you can do and experience. This is where you can do your best work.
About the role
We are looking to hire a Restructuring Analyst for our North American team out of New York. The candidate will be responsible for maintaining and growing a database covering US bankruptcies and global restructurings, producing analytical reports on distressed debt markets, assisting in data quality control procedures, and communicating with market professionals. The candidate will report into the Global Head of Restructuring Data, based in New York.
Your Roles and Responsibilities
· Maintain and develop first-in-class database covering US bankruptcies and global restructurings
· Prepare analytical reports on North American debt restructurings and distressed debt markets
· Work closely with broader North American team—Legal Analysts, Court Reporters, Credit Researchers and Editorial Reporters—to enhance existing coverage of in-court restructuring processes throughout the region
· Develop expertise in data-related issues and/or reports
· Maximize usage of development tools/support to maintain/improve content quality
· Support commercial team with subscriber and product support
Required Skills, Experience and Qualifications
· Bachelor’s degree in Legal, Finance, Economics or Accounting, or Master’s Degree in Data Science or financial / legal fields
· 2-3 years of work experience with at least 1-year experience working with financial markets
· Experience working on analytical reports/data projects
· Good working knowledge of MS Excel, Word, PPT and other data products
· Good problem solving and analytics skills
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills, as well as attention to detail