Mergermarket is looking for a reporter to add to our New York-based team to interview C-level and business development executives to generate corporate strategy profiles of leading middle market companies. The reporter, which will develop a specific industry beat, will also break news on M&A developments as the individual builds out a network of sources in the assigned sector.
The individual is expected to publish at least four articles per week.
Your Roles and Responsibilities
- Contribute four articles per week to the Mergermarket platform
- Write forward-looking articles delineating company growth strategies
- Develop and maintain market contacts via existing network and by attending virtual and physical industry events, where applicable
- Break news on merger and acquisition activity by leveraging source network
- Collaborate with Mergermarket journalists across the Americas to brainstorm story ideas and to break news more expeditiously.
Required Skills, Experience, and Qualifications
- Several years of professional journalism experience
- Interest in exploring, understanding and telling the story of a company’s future plans and current obstacles
- Comfortable approaching and engaging with people in positions of power
- Demonstrated ability to break news or other evidence of aptitude to uncover closely guarded information.
- Interest in a particular sector like technology or diversified industrials a plus
- Background or interest in business or finance a plus
- Ability to tell a story in a clear and compelling manner
We’re a diverse group of visionary innovators who provide trading and workflow automation software, high-value analytics, and strategic consulting to corporations, central banks, financial institutions, and governments. More than 40% of the world’s largest companies use our solutions. Founded in 1999, we’ve achieved tremendous growth by bringing together some of the best and most successful financial technology companies in the world.
Over 2,000 of the world’s leading corporations, including 50% of the Fortune 500 and 30% of the world’s central banks, trust ION solutions to manage their cash, in-house banking, commodity supply chain, trading and risk.
Over 800 of the world’s leading banks and broker-dealers use our electronic trading platforms to operate the world’s financial market infrastructure.
With 10,000 employees and offices in more than 40 cities around the globe, ION is a rapidly expanding and dynamic group.
Within ION Analytics we help clients find advantage in a world of information overload and fragmented systems. Our business information solutions blend expert journalism and analytics with data to help banks, advisors, investors, law firms and corporations find opportunities in markets ranging from equities and fixed income to infrastructure and private equity.
On our platform clients can break through silos to originate opportunities, find buyers, and use resources efficiently, and our advanced workflow automation tools cut through the noise to deliver personalized, targeted information that saves time and effort, and drives better decisions.
At ION, we offer careers that provide many opportunities: To invent. To design. To collaborate. To build. To transform businesses and empower people around the world to do more, faster and better than before. Imagine what you can do and experience. This is where you can do your best work.
ION is committed to maintaining a supportive and inclusive environment for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We respect the varied identities, abilities, cultures, and traditions of the individuals who comprise our organization and recognize the value that different backgrounds and points of view bring to our business.
ION adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor.