Principal Technical Consultant (Allegro) – 6454
Your Roles and Responsibilities
- Successfully implements projects while ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Contributing to best practices of the group and mentoring other team members.
- Supports the project manager on engagements along with technical responsibilities, assists with SOW creation, project planning, etc.
- Plays the role of Solution and Integration Architect offering for system wide implementation focusing on the big picture and not one specific area.
- Lead internal initiatives that improve processes following best practices and standards.
- Acts as go-to resource for complex ideas and questions from the field in their vertical and domain specialty.
- Identifies/pursues sales opportunities for additional consulting work at customer site.
- Provides information to managers, engagement director or account manager as appropriate.
- Provides industry and technical expertise and leadership in the discovery workshop in designing and implementing the technical solution for the client’s business needs.
- Serves as the client’s principal point of contact for technical consultation and expert advice.
- Works with managers to enhance, publish, and train staff regarding implementation of best practices in specific technical areas of the project solution.
- Presents the technical solution to both client executive and user-level audiences.
- Maintain full chargeability on client account(s) as assigned.
- On-site consultants may be required to travel to the customer site to work on projects as needed - up to 80% post-COVID
- Provide technology and infrastructure advice, design, analysis, custom code development, and troubleshooting in the discovery workshop, design, configuration, testing, and production support of Allegro for the client’s business needs.
- Participate in and support the architectural design decisions regarding interfaces between Allegro and other systems, as well as the technical approach for custom scripts and reports, and gain the client’s confidence in the recommended approach.
- Assume hands-on project implementation duties (design, configuration, coding, deployment, testing) in all phases of an ION implementation, reporting to the Project/Account Manager.
- Gather and document technical requirements, code specifications, test plans/results, and any other deliverables required by the project as determined by the Project/Account Manager or Principal Technical Consultant.
Required Skills, Experience, and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Finance, Accounting, Economics, or a directly related IT field.
- 12+ years’ experience in Software Design and Development and/or deployment.
- Minimum 10 years direct experience working with Allegro in designing, coding, configuring, testing, and debugging reports, plugins, and interfaces for Allegro in client environments.
- Experience working with at least one object-oriented languages such as C# .NET, Java, C++.
- Experience in the commodities field or working with an ETRM/ or CTRM system.
- Experience with MS SQL or Oracle is required.
- Experience working with Integrated Development environments such as Visual Studio.
- Experience with source control and continuous integration tools (GIT, TFS, Confluence, Bamboo) and issue tracking systems (Jira) is required.
- SCRUM/Agile/Waterfall development methodology experience preferred.
- Experience in designing, configuring, and troubleshooting installations of enterprise software in client environments.
- Experience in Interface design and implementation following standard integration patterns.
- Advanced networking, distributed networks knowledge
- Proficiency in Windows Operating systems and security architecture
- Experience with industry standard performance monitoring tools
- Familiarity with cloud technologies (Azure and AWS)
- Experienced and skilled user of office productivity tools such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint and Project Server.
- Ability to keep abreast of new technological and or/procedural developments and demonstrate knowledge and expertise with software tools and an ability to evaluate and provide educated recommendations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of executives, managers, and subject matter experts using strong presentation skills.
- Able to multi-task with strong time management and prioritization skills.
- Strong analytical skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and tactically implement them.
- Must be flexible and willing to undertake a wide variety of challenging tasks.
- Must be self-motivated, independent, resourceful and a demonstrated leader who is capable of being objective and giving/taking constructive feedback.
- Solid business acumen, the ability to effectively lead all phases of software development and project life cycles.
- Working knowledge of development technologies in deploying and supporting proprietary and vendor package applications.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to solve high performance engineering problems in a language agnostic manner.
Get notified for similar jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts