Inframation, a part of the Acuris division of Ion Analytics, provides real time financing and trading news and data for the global infrastructure and energy sectors. We are always seeking enthusiastic, knowledgeable and driven journalists to exclusively uncover the most actionable market intelligence.
Reporting to the editor of Inframation News-Americas Editor, the P3 reporter will be responsible for increasing our coverage of greenfield projects across Canada and US inclusive of university projects and water/water projects, as well as other greenfield procurements such as renewables.
- Writing six stories a week at the outset around the Canada and US market, inclusive of university energy projects, water/wastewater projects and renewable procurements. At least three of these should be exclusives.
- Writing one longer-form analysis and/or news analysis piece every month.
- Develop podcasts around the US greenfield market every other month.
- Collaborating with senior P3 reporter as it relates to issues such as legislative issues in the market
- To make four to six calls per day to develop stories.
- Produce a call log out of the gate as a way so both Americas editor and senior P3 reporter can understand the workflow and how to change it, if warranted, to be more effective.
- Once warranted, source meetings offsite must be at least on the order of one-to-two meetings per week. This will be inclusive of conferences.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications (Required)
- At least one year working as a financial journalist or journalists on a trade journal, wire or college/local newspaper producing originally-sourced exclusive and actionable news.
- A good collection of cuttings showing recent exclusives and longer form / features content.
- A passion for getting the exclusive news first.
- Clear and concise writing style.
- A basic understanding of the capital markets (debt and equity) and mergers and acquisitions.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Journalism training
We’re a diverse group of visionary innovators who provide trading and workflow automation software, high-value analytics, and strategic consulting to corporations, central banks, financial institutions, and governments. More than 40% of the world’s largest companies use our solutions. Founded in 1999, we’ve achieved tremendous growth by bringing together some of the best and most successful financial technology companies in the world.
Over 2,000 of the world’s leading corporations, including 50% of the Fortune 500 and 30% of the world’s central banks, trust ION solutions to manage their cash, in-house banking, commodity supply chain, trading and risk.
Over 800 of the world’s leading banks and broker-dealers use our electronic trading platforms to operate the world’s financial market infrastructure.
With 10,000 employees and offices in more than 40 cities around the globe, ION is a rapidly expanding and dynamic group.
Within ION Analytics we help clients find advantage in a world of information overload and fragmented systems. Our business information solutions blend expert journalism and analytics with data to help banks, advisors, investors, law firms and corporations find opportunities in markets ranging from equities and fixed income to infrastructure and private equity.
On our platform clients can break through silos to originate opportunities, find buyers, and use resources efficiently, and our advanced workflow automation tools cut through the noise to deliver personalized, targeted information that saves time and effort, and drives better decisions.
At ION, we offer careers that provide many opportunities: To invent. To design. To collaborate. To build. To transform businesses and empower people around the world to do more, faster and better than before. Imagine what you can do and experience. This is where you can do your best work.