We’re a diverse group of visionary innovators who provide trading and workflow automation software, high-value analytics, and strategic consulting to corporations, central banks, financial institutions, and governments. More than 40% of the world’s largest companies use our solutions. Founded in 1999, we’ve achieved tremendous growth by bringing together some of the best and most successful financial technology companies in the world.
• Over 2,000 of the world’s leading corporations, including 50% of the Fortune 500 and 30% of the world’s central banks, trust ION solutions to manage their cash, in-house banking, commodity supply chain, trading and risk.
• Over 800 of the world’s leading banks and broker-dealers use our electronic trading platforms to operate the world’s financial market infrastructure.
With 10,000 employees and offices in more than 40 cities around the globe, ION is a rapidly expanding and dynamic group.
At ION, we offer careers that provide many opportunities: To invent. To design. To collaborate. To build. To transform businesses and empower people around the world to do more, faster and better than before. Imagine what you can do and experience. This is where you can do your best work.
Role & Responsibilities:
The candidate will work to optimize the performance, reliability, and monitoring of the global network infrastructure and work in tandem with the global NOC team.
The role will require candidates to work outside of normal business hours as part of a formal 24x7x365 operational support team
The successful candidate will be a team player who is equally comfortable working on their own initiative with the ability to think “outside of the box” and demonstrate exceptional operational, integration and service management skills. The ability to perform rapid problem analysis and solution synthesis is key to build credibility in the role. A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in a demanding, availability and time sensitive environment is expected.
• Willingness to work scheduled support hours as part of a 24x7x365 operational environment required
• Proven operational support experience in a time-sensitive, customer-facing environment
• Proven network support experience and familiarity with network monitoring + management tools (such as PRTG, Nagios, etc)
• Understanding of and exposure to BGP, OSPF and IP multicast (PIM-SM and IGMP)
• Experience working with enterprise level Data Centre architecture and infrastructures
• Excellent troubleshooting skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Experienced in the practical application of ITIL practices and processes, i.e. working in a formal incident management/change control led environment
• Strong problem solving / troubleshooting skills; the ideal candidate will be able to talk at length about their approach to troubleshooting
• Experience with Microsoft Visio to review network documentation
• Experience of working with and supporting enterprise level mainstream network vendor platforms (Cisco/Arista/Juniper)
• Experience of working with and supporting load balancers (F5/Citrix etc)
• Multi-Vendor firewall experience. Palo Alto, Checkpoint, Juniper, Cisco
• Formal network qualifications (CCNA/CCNP or equivalent) or relevant experience
• Experience of working in fast moving 24/7 operational environments
• ENTREPRENEURIAL - Find opportunities / be resourceful
• RIGOROUS - Escalate / ask for help, make the right decisions