What are we trying to do?
The Fidessa front office provides industry-leading trading functionality across a range of assets. Our team provide sophisticated order management, risk and market access workflows for global trading. Simplifying the complex trading environment for our users and keeping pace with changes in the finance industry makes for an exciting environment with lots to learn.
With real time monitoring, exception management and agile business integration, we utilise automated tooling to manage global upgrades, real-time workflow manipulation and data analytics to provide business insight.
What do we need help with?
We are looking for people with a can-do attitude who are passionate about solving complex problems to help us meet strong customer demand for new workflows. We're constantly looking for ways to do things faster, improving our software's time to market and throughput, and improving our own development approach.
Our primary technology is C++ on RedHat Linux.
You will be involved in all aspects of the software process, designing and delivering trading solutions in a rapidly changing marketplace. Your software will form part of a world-leading suite offering rich functionality. You will also help us to improve our development approach.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a vibrant team of of like-minded individuals building high performance, low latency, resilient interfaces to global financial markets.
- C++ or transferable object-oriented skills from similar languages such as Java or C#.
- Experience of Linux / Unix operating systems.
- Proven experience of the software development lifecycle in a commercial environment.
- Experience of developing and optimizing highly scalable services and distributed systems.
- Experience of applying automation tools for software building, testing, and deployment.
- Highly numerate degree.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent communicator. Ability to interpret requirements and specifications and to describe highly technical designs or solutions simply and clearly to less technical audiences.
- Highly organised with the ability to prioritise own workload and adhere to deadlines.
- Financial markets knowledge is an advantage.
We’re a diverse group of visionary innovators who provide trading and workflow automation software, high-value analytics, and strategic consulting to corporations, central banks, financial institutions, and governments. More than 40% of the world’s largest companies use our solutions. Founded in 1999, we’ve achieved tremendous growth by bringing together some of the best and most successful financial technology companies in the world.
Over 2,000 of the world’s leading corporations, including 50% of the Fortune 500 and 30% of the world’s central banks, trust ION solutions to manage their cash, in-house banking, commodity supply chain, trading and risk.
Over 800 of the world’s leading banks and broker-dealers use our electronic trading platforms to operate the world’s financial market infrastructure.
With 10,000 employees and offices in more than 40 cities around the globe, ION is a rapidly expanding and dynamic group.
At ION, we offer careers that provide many opportunities: To invent. To design. To collaborate. To build. To transform businesses and empower people around the world to do more, faster and better than before. Imagine what you can do and experience. This is where you can do your best work.