It presents an outstanding opportunity to join one of the major players in the global financial technology industry - a dynamic multinational business that is growing rapidly through acquisitions.
The successful candidate will work with lawyers and business people in fast-paced environment as a member of a collegial international team.
The overarching function of the role is to assist the Company’s in-house legal team in all aspect of technology licensing, sales support, dispute resolution, and law practice management.
The role will be of interest to candidates considering a career in law, commerce, HR, or organizational administration.
- Assisting with drafting and negotiating software license agreements including SaaS agreements and other contractual documents.
- Assisting in the resolution of contentious matters (including issues of employment law and data privacy).
- Drafting correspondence with customers and other counterparties.
- Collecting, collating and maintaining databases of precedent documents and sales related information.
- Coordinating and following through on ad hoc projects.
- Assisting with the coordination of the Legal Department’s work flow and task lists.
- Implementing “Lean”- based improvement in the Legal Department’s internal processes.
Required Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- A recent university graduate with an outstanding academic record.
- Strong analytical and reporting skills (an aptitude test will be administered as part of the interview process).
- Proficient in Excel and other MS Office apps.
- Able to effectively communicate both orally and in writing.
- Intellectually curious.
- Energized working in a fast-paced, high-pressured, team environment.
- A law degree / legal experience is NOT a requirement.
We’re a diverse group of visionary innovators who provide trading and workflow automation software, high-value analytics, and strategic consulting to corporations, central banks, financial institutions, and governments. Founded in 1999, we’ve achieved tremendous growth by bringing together some of the best and most successful financial technology companies in the world.
Over 2,000 of the world’s leading corporations, including 50% of the Fortune 500 and 30% of the world’s central banks, trust ION solutions to manage their cash, in-house banking, commodity supply chain, trading and risk.
Over 800 of the world’s leading banks and broker-dealers use our electronic trading platforms to operate the world’s financial market infrastructure.
With 10,000 employees and offices in more than 40 cities around the globe, ION is a rapidly expanding and dynamic group.
At ION, we offer careers that provide many opportunities: To invent. To design. To collaborate. To build. To transform businesses and empower people around the world to do more, faster and better than before. Imagine what you can do and experience. This is where you can do your best work.
ION is committed to maintaining a supportive and inclusive environment for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We respect the varied identities, abilities, cultures, and traditions of the individuals who comprise our organization and recognize the value that different backgrounds and points of view bring to our business.
ION adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor.