We are looking for entry-level software engineers with a can-do attitude who are passionate about solving complex problems to help us meet strong customer demand for new workflows. We are constantly looking for ways to do things faster, improving our software's time to market and throughput, and improving our own development approach.
Our primary technology is C++ on RedHat Linux.
You will be involved in all aspects of the software process, designing and delivering trading solutions in a rapidly changing marketplace. Your software will form part of a world-leading suite offering rich functionality. You will also help us to improve our development approach.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a vibrant team of developers providing high performance solutions to global financial markets. Feel the reward of knowing that the ingenious solutions you are providing are empowering the world's premier financial institutions.
Required Capabilities and Experience
- 0-2 years of experience (or relevant internships) in software development. Recent grads and those graduating in December 2021 welcome to apply.
- C++ or object-oriented skills from similar languages such as Java or C#.
- Experience in Linux / Unix operating systems.
- Proven experience of the software development lifecycle in a commercial environment.
- Experience of developing and optimizing highly scalable services and distributed systems.
- Experience of applying automation tools for building software, testing, and deployment.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent communicator. Ability to interpret requirements and specifications and to describe highly technical designs or solutions simply and clearly to less technical audiences.
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize own workload and adhere to deadlines.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or similar degree
Highly Desirable Experience
- Financial markets knowledge is an advantage, but not required
We’re a diverse group of visionary innovators who provide trading and workflow automation software, high-value analytics, and strategic consulting to corporations, central banks, financial institutions, and governments. Founded in 1999, we’ve achieved tremendous growth by bringing together some of the best and most successful financial technology companies in the world.
Over 2,000 of the world’s leading corporations, including 50% of the Fortune 500 and 30% of the world’s central banks, trust ION solutions to manage their cash, in-house banking, commodity supply chain, trading and risk.
Over 800 of the world’s leading banks and broker-dealers use our electronic trading platforms to operate the world’s financial market infrastructure.
With 10,000 employees and offices in more than 40 cities around the globe, ION is a rapidly expanding and dynamic group.
At ION, we offer careers that provide many opportunities: To invent. To design. To collaborate. To build. To transform businesses and empower people around the world to do more, faster and better than before. Imagine what you can do and experience. This is where you can do your best work.
ION is committed to maintaining a supportive and inclusive environment for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We respect the varied identities, abilities, cultures, and traditions of the individuals who comprise our organization and recognize the value that different backgrounds and points of view bring to our business.
ION adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor.