We’re a diverse group of visionary innovators who provide trading and workflow automation software, high-value analytics, and strategic consulting to corporations, central banks, financial institutions, and governments. More than 40% of the world’s largest companies use our solutions. Founded in 1999, we’ve achieved tremendous growth by bringing together some of the best and most successful financial technology companies in the world.
• Over 2,000 of the world’s leading corporations, including 50% of the Fortune 500 and 30% of the world’s central banks, trust ION solutions to manage their cash, in-house banking, commodity supply chain, trading and risk.
• Over 800 of the world’s leading banks and broker-dealers use our electronic trading platforms to operate the world’s financial market infrastructure.
With 10,000 employees and offices in more than 40 cities around the globe, ION is a rapidly expanding and dynamic group.
At ION, we offer careers that provide many opportunities: To invent. To design. To collaborate. To build. To transform businesses and empower people around the world to do more, faster and better than before. Imagine what you can do and experience. This is where you can do your best work.
Your duties and responsibilities
• Analyse, design, implement and test high-volume production applications.
• Write automated tests before delivering the application.
• Assist in identifying production issues and fix issues and problems found in productions and test.
• Report any problems encountered as soon as possible, e.g. a deadline will be missed, help is needed.
• Ensure issues are solved as quickly as possible.
We might ask you to perform other tasks and duties as your role expands.
Your skills, experience, and qualifications
• Software development experience in a commercial environment with good understanding of OO concepts.
• Experience with multi-threaded and real-time applications.
• Good debugging and analytical skills.
• Knowledge of optimization techniques (e.g. performance assessment and tuning).
• Experience in design and architecture of large distributed systems, TDD, ATDD, Agile methodologies.
• Able to understand and clarify specifications prior to beginning development.
• Must be able to report the estimation of effort to management/ business analyst as required.
• Ability to test implemented code prior to software build.