We’re a diverse group of visionary innovators who provide trading and workflow automation software, high-value analytics, and strategic consulting to corporations, central banks, financial institutions, and governments. More than 40% of the world’s largest companies use our solutions. Founded in 1999, we’ve achieved tremendous growth by bringing together some of the best and most successful financial technology companies in the world.
• Over 2,000 of the world’s leading corporations, including 50% of the Fortune 500 and 30% of the world’s central banks, trust ION solutions to manage their cash, in-house banking, commodity supply chain, trading and risk.
• Over 800 of the world’s leading banks and broker-dealers use our electronic trading platforms to operate the world’s financial market infrastructure.
With 10,000 employees and offices in more than 40 cities around the globe, ION is a rapidly expanding and dynamic group.
At ION, we offer careers that provide many opportunities: To invent. To design. To collaborate. To build. To transform businesses and empower people around the world to do more, faster and better than before. Imagine what you can do and experience. This is where you can do your best work.
Your future duties and responsibilities
· Innovate, design and drive product evolution that creates business value for the end user.
· Collaborate with subject-matter-experts to understand background and functioning to find the best solution for our customers.
· Build a distributed system based on service-oriented architecture that deals with concurrency, reactive programming, distributed data as we fully expect to participate in shaping the future of financial technology stacks.
· Hit the ground running with the typical Java ecosystem stack
· Be able to pick up other technologies along the entire development stack
· Participate in a culture of continuous learning and improvement in the team by identifying technical debts/improvements.
· Have the desire to collaborate, and like sharing and learning from your colleagues
· Be passionate about delivering quality code
Your skills, experience, and qualifications
· A degree in computer science or equivalent engineering discipline
· 4+ years of hands-on Java 8 (and higher) development
· Experience in designing and developing enterprise solutions
· Knowledge of multi-threaded programming
· Basic understanding of architectural design patterns such as Event Driven Architecture, Service Oriented Architecture, Domain Driven design
· Excellent analytical, problem-solving and communication skills
· Interest to learn the domain of finance and accounting.
Knowledge in the following areas would be considered a valuable plus:
· First experience in working with relational databases (Oracle, MSSQL)
· Collaboration in agile environments