We are looking for self-motivated people with a positive attitude who are passionate about software development and automation. Working as part of our Research and Development team as a software developer, you will be responsible for carrying out on-going software development work on Anvil, ION’s leading front- and middle-office solution for international repo and securities finance. You will participate in the full lifecycle of product development from design, through to execution, testing, and troubleshooting, collaborating with like-minded colleagues from around the globe.
We’re a diverse group of visionary innovators who provide trading and workflow automation software, high-value analytics, and strategic consulting to corporations, central banks, financial institutions, and governments. Founded in 1999, we’ve achieved tremendous growth by bringing together some of the best and most successful financial technology companies in the world.
Over 2,000 of the world’s leading corporations, including 50% of the Fortune 500 and 30% of the world’s central banks, trust ION solutions to manage their cash, in-house banking, commodity supply chain, trading and risk.
Over 800 of the world’s leading banks and broker-dealers use our electronic trading platforms to operate the world’s financial market infrastructure.
With 10,000 employees and offices in more than 40 cities around the globe, ION is a rapidly expanding and dynamic group.
At ION, we offer careers that provide many opportunities: To invent. To design. To collaborate. To build. To transform businesses and empower people around the world to do more, faster and better than before. Imagine what you can do and experience. This is where you can do your best work.
Your Roles and Responsibilities
- Design, implement, and test business-critical financial software.
- Write and maintain automated tests.
- Support our client services team by investigating and resolving technical problems with our software.
- Work with our product team to analyze customer requirements and determine how best to meet them.
- There will also be opportunities to work directly with our customers on implementation analyses and deployment projects.
Required Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- At least 2 years of commercial software development experience
- Experience with complex software development projects, including TDD and Agile methodologies
- Advanced skills with Java SE for server development, including multi-threaded and real-time applications
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, a flexible approach, reliable, and attentive to details.
- A B.SC. in Computer Science, Electronic/Electrical Engineering, or other numerate discipline.
- An understanding of financial markets, especially equity and fixed-income markets and products.
- Experience with C#/WPF, Robot Framework, Maven, and relational databases.
- Experience supporting mission-critical business applications.
- Client-facing experience.
- Post-graduate qualification – M.SC. or Ph.D.