IT Team Leader – 6210
- Ability to communicate confidently and concisely using business acumen.
- Must evidence the ability to create and maintain strong working relationships with internal end users and groups.
- Ability to understand technical problems at a system, network, and server level.
- A proven track record of supervising an internal support team and dealing with escalations.
- Evidence strong attention to detail with the ability to both follow and introduce improved procedures to enhance the service being provided.
- The ability to both set and follow “Best Practice” guidelines.
- Calmness under pressure and ability to maintain good humor.
- Will be required to develop a deep understanding of ION Group business flows.
- Provide a point of escalation for executives, departmental managers. and service desk engineers.
- Adopt a flexible approach to travel between offices.
- Evidence the ability to motivate and inspire the team and embrace new ideas and challenges.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Day to day supervision of the team while maintaining a hands-on approach to incident management
- Work with other support teams to ensure delivery of high levels of service.
- Analyze team workloads and resource availability to maintain desk coverage and service levels at all times.
- Ensure that systems are fit for the purpose and proactively monitored.
- Proactively undertake ticket analysis to alert higher management to issues causing operational issues.
- Develop strong working relationships with other Productivity teams.
- Develop and document working practices for service desk members to follow and adhere to.
- Manage the team, including individual performance appraisals and setting attainable objectives.
- Implement and follow "best practice" for internal end user communication, incident investigation and progression.
- Lead and assist service engineers during incident resolution activities.
- There will be a requirement to participate in the team shift patterns and be available to assist with weekend work and out of hours escalation when required.
Essential Skills and Requirements
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent in Information Technology.
- A broad background in end user support.
- Evidence of ability to deal with end users and staff effectively at a senior level.
- Understanding of team management and development.
- Ability to think and operate at a strategic level.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Evidence the ability to communicate complex information in laymen's terms in difficult situations.
- Ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships with users.
- Ability to understand technical issues.
- High level of interpersonal skills and personal drive.
- Enthusiastic and highly motivated.
- Confident communicator.
- “Can do” attitude.
- Highly organized, flexible and enjoys pace.
- Able to use initiative and prioritize work
Get notified for similar jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts