Fidessa – Technical Implementation Analyst – 8048
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build, configure, test and deploy ION trading platforms
- Enable, configure, test and deploy additional or new services and software features.
- Analyse, design, develop, configure, test & deploy solutions to specific customer requirements.
- Implementing and deploying strategic projects
- Ensure that all client systems/configurations are "fit for purpose" upon delivery.
- Maintain a constant service to our existing customer base via the delivery of frequent upgrades and maintenance to ensure compatibility with stock exchanges, regulatory changes and other software vendors, in a dynamic, constantly changing marketplace.
- Provide support before, during and after the roll-out of software changes.
- Write and maintain technical documentation relating to the upgrading, maintenance and deployment of ION systems, products and services.
- Attend internal meetings to discuss the progress of assigned tasks / key initiatives.
- Attend external meetings with clients, where required.
- Liaise with the customer or internal ION teams and provide regular progress updates for their key issues or deliverables.
- Escalate issues to your line manager or project manager as appropriate.
Key Requirements (Essential):
- Knowledge/Experience of at least one programming or scripting language.
- Experience of Linux or UNIX.
- Although not a pure development role, there is a requirement to be able to understand code, and programming fundamentals and to have an ability to develop software solutions using the software building blocks provided by the Fidessa platform.
- Degree in a Computer Science/Engineering or numerate discipline of grade 2:1 or above (or regional equivalent) or relevant industrial experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good attention to detail, high standard, organised and proactive.
- Show initiative, take ownership of assigned tasks, anticipate potential problems and promptly take pre-emptive actions, if required.
- Strong analytical approach to problem solving.
- Eager to learn new skills to enhance capability.
Key Requirements (Desirable):
- Knowledge or a demonstrable interest of equity and/or futures and options markets.
- Prior software application implementation/support/testing experience.
- Experience of networking principles
- Experience in issue management
- Knowledge of Java and/or C, C++
- Knowledge relational databases.
Get notified for similar jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts