Fidessa – Senior Implementation Engineer – 5806
Key Requirements (Essential):
- Must be able to demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have knowledge of at least one programming or scripting language.
- Although not a pure development role, there is a requirement to be able to understand code, and programming fundamentals and to have an ability to develop software solutions using the software building blocks provided by the Fidessa platform.
- Must have a degree in a Computer Science/Engineering or numerate discipline of grade 2:1 or above (or regional equivalent) or relevant industrial experience.
- To have experience of Linux or UNIX.
- Must be able to demonstrate good attention to detail, be organized and proactive.
- Must be able to demonstrate initiative.
- Must be able to demonstrate a strong analytical approach to problem solving.
- Must be able to work as part of a team, whilst also assuming responsibility for your own work.
- Must be able to take ownership of assigned tasks, anticipate potential problems and promptly take pre-emptive actions, if required. Ensures that all tasks are completed to a very high standard.
- Must be eager to learn new skills to enhance capability.
Key Requirements (Desirable):
- To have knowledge or a demonstrable interest of equity and/or futures and options markets.
- To have prior software application implementation/support/testing experience.
- To have experience of networking principles
- To have experience in issue management
- To have knowledge of Java and/or C, C++
- To have knowledge relational databases.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To build, configure, test and deploy ION trading platforms
- To enable, configure, test and deploy additional or new services and software features.
- To analyze, design, develop, configure, test & deploy solutions to specific customer requirements.
- Implementing and deploying strategic projects
- To ensure that all client systems/configurations are "fit for purpose" upon delivery.
- To maintain a constant service to our existing customer base via the delivery of frequent upgrades and maintenance to ensure compatibility with stock exchanges, regulatory changes and other software vendors, in a dynamic, constantly changing marketplace.
- To provide support before, during and after the roll-out of software changes.
- To write and maintain technical documentation relating to the upgrading, maintenance and deployment of ION systems, products and services.
- To attend internal meetings to discuss the progress of assigned tasks / key initiatives.
- To attend external meetings with clients, where required.
- To liaise with the customer or internal ION teams and provide regular progress updates for their key issues or deliverables.
- To escalate issues to your line manager or project manager as appropriate.
Get notified for similar jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts