ION Analytics is growing. We are looking for an Enterprise Account Director who loves to build long term partnerships for world class clients and will develop, own and manage resources to deliver their global client strategies.
What we are focused on
We are building on 30+ years of growth. In 2021, we formed ION Analytics combining Dealogic and Acuris and we challenged ourselves to become completely client obsessed – creating teams focused on client segments (Bank, Investor, Advisor, Legal and Corporate). We aim to build both segment and client expertise, focusing on the client and what their aspirations are to create and develop high value relationships with front office senior stakeholders.
This is a unique time to join us so it’s important you understand how we expect to achieve our ambitions
Curiosity: Our software being repeatedly used by delighted clients is the true measure of success. Wanting to understand how things work, whether it’s learning from a client or those around them is key.
Collaboration: Will need to work with truly cross-functional teams. To be successful, they will need to be comfortable to talking to a wide variety of people (often very senior), understand the importance of communication, cohesion, and using your emotional intelligence when persuading clients and others to take certain decisions.
Pro-activity: Will often need to take control of a situation; they don’t shy away from taking ownership and demonstrate perseverance in the face of adversity.
The strategic leader for a client. You set the overall client strategic plan, mapping our capabilities to enable their goals - controlling communication, managing issues, escalations to contracting and overall quality of relationship with a client. If anything happens with this client, you are aware of it. Any new opportunities uncovered with the client are worked through to execution.
You seek to understand the client in as much detail as possible – you read news articles about them, use the product to keep track of deals they’re working on. This results in you being able to add value to conversations with them and approaching them as a partner, developing a deep relationship with the client, such that you are well connected and able to secure meetings and get information not publicly available. Theses connections come through actively exploring and mapping, meeting with all champions, sponsors, levels of users, facilitators, and aligned disciplines.
You think and devise long term strategy – you’re focused on two things:
· renewing existing clients to long term paper, securing total contract growth
· working on new business opportunities in and outside of your clients to position our full product range capabilities
Internally you act as the internal expert on the client, understanding and articulating who’s just been hired/fired, areas client is trying to grow, issues they are facing, aspirations, who they benchmark themselves against, KPIs, etc.
Role and Responsibilities
- Responsible for a small set of our biggest clients, or those that have been identified as having the biggest growth opportunities.
- Devises annual global client strategy plan; mapping all opportunities and risks and mapping activities and milestones for achievement of the plan. Creating, and keeping the strategy up to date, adapting the plan as and when necessary
- Negotiates contract renewals across Dealogic and Acuris products for your clients - ensuring they re-sign on a long-term contract with no downticks
- Responsible for cross sell and upsell within your clients, driving the end-to-end sales process from business development through to close. Ensuring you meet ACV growth targets for your set of clients
- Responsible for growing users of existing products and increasing frequency by which clients use the product
- Ensures positive NPS. Studies feedback on where we can improve and addresses
- Identifies, builds, and maintains a solid relationships with senior decision makers in your clients: creating a network of allies and champions in relevant subscribing and prospect business areas.
- Responsible for inbound leads within your clients, demonstrating a high lead conversion rate to sales
- Monitor, track and be accountable for your deals, ensuring forecasts are correct and targets achieved
- Ensure best practice is taken with customer onboarding and opportunities are discovered
- Work closely with Commercial Operations team to exact subscription contracts in line with ION Analytics strategy and client plans
- Represent ION Analytics at industry events
What motivates you
- You have a passion to work on industry-changing initiatives in the primary financial markets
- You love intuitive, zero-friction apps that get the job done
- You are motivated by sharing your knowledge with and learning from high-caliber teams
- You are excited about working in a fast-paced, demanding, and challenging environment to get products into the hands of our clients
- You’re not fazed by rolling up your sleeves to get the job done, willingly putting in the effort required to achieve the result in the timeframe
- You’re obsessed with putting the client first, understanding them deeply and always seeking to exceed expectations
Your skills, experience, and qualifications
- You have 5+ years working in an account management and business development roles dealing with senior stakeholders (VP-MDs)
- A demonstrable understanding of capital markets
- A proven ability to sell enterprise data/technology to front-office stakeholders
- You have a proven ability to understand external client’s strategy and needs
- You have demonstrated ability with commercial discussions
- You have experience in proactively managing client relationships
- Track record of developing new business within the related sector, and exceeding revenue targets.
- High level of initiative, motivation, and ability to network both internally and externally to identify revenue opportunities.
- Excellent organization skills and ability to work under pressure.
- Well-developed influencing skills to gain commitment from clients and internal colleagues.
We’re a diverse group of innovators who provide trading and workflow automation software, high-value analytics, and strategic consulting to corporations, central banks, financial institutions, and governments. More than 40% of the world’s largest companies use our solutions. Founded in 1999, we’ve achieved tremendous growth by bringing together some of the best and most successful financial technology companies in the world.
Over 2,000 of the world’s leading corporations, including 50% of the Fortune 500 and 30% of the world’s central banks, trust ION solutions to manage their cash, in-house banking, commodity supply chain, trading and risk.
Over 800 of the world’s leading banks and broker-dealers use our electronic trading platforms to operate the world’s financial market infrastructure.
Within ION Analytics we help clients find advantage in a world of information overload and fragmented systems. Our business information solutions blend expert journalism and analytics with data to help banks, advisors, investors, law firms and corporations find opportunities in markets ranging from equities and fixed income to infrastructure and private equity.
On our platform clients can break through silos to originate opportunities, find buyers, and use resources efficiently, and our advanced workflow automation tools cut through the noise to deliver personalized, targeted information that saves time and effort, and drives better decisions.
With 10,000 employees and offices in more than 40 cities around the globe, ION is a rapidly expanding and dynamic group.
At ION, we offer careers that provide many opportunities: To invent. To design. To collaborate. To build. To transform businesses and empower people around the world to do more, faster and better than before. Imagine what you can do and experience. This is where you can do your best work.