We are looking for bright, inquisitive, and self-driven individuals who are looking to start their careers in investigative research and risk consulting. You will receive extensive training and mentoring that will familiarize you with industry practices and advanced research methodologies. In addition to due diligence research, you will also be exposed to other types of Blackpeak projects and will have opportunities to contribute to them in due course.
Specifically, you will conduct research and analysis through desktop and database research and produce high quality written reports, under the supervision of Blackpeak’s senior management team. You will be expected to be able to carry out intensive research (both primary and secondary) and analysis of large amounts of data and then assess accuracy, reliability, and relevance.
We’re a diverse group of visionary innovators who provide trading and workflow automation software, high-value analytics, and strategic consulting to corporations, central banks, financial institutions, and governments. More than 40% of the world’s largest companies use our solutions. Founded in 1999, we’ve achieved tremendous growth by bringing together some of the best and most successful financial technology companies in the world.
Over 2,000 of the world’s leading corporations, including 50% of the Fortune 500 and 30% of the world’s central banks, trust ION solutions to manage their cash, in-house banking, commodity supply chain, trading and risk.
Over 800 of the world’s leading banks and broker-dealers use our electronic trading platforms to operate the world’s financial market infrastructure.
With 10,000 employees and offices in more than 40 cities around the globe, ION is a rapidly expanding and dynamic group.
Within ION Analytics we help clients find advantage in a world of information overload and fragmented systems. Our business information solutions blend expert journalism and analytics with data to help banks, advisors, investors, law firms and corporations find opportunities in markets ranging from equities and fixed income to infrastructure and private equity.
On our platform clients can break through silos to originate opportunities, find buyers, and use resources efficiently, and our advanced workflow automation tools cut through the noise to deliver personalized, targeted information that saves time and effort, and drives better decisions.
At ION, we offer careers that provide many opportunities: To invent. To design. To collaborate. To build. To transform businesses and empower people around the world to do more, faster and better than before. Imagine what you can do and experience. This is where you can do your best work.
Required Skills, Experience, and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or higher. Many educational backgrounds are potentially relevant, including Journalism, English, International Relations, History, Political Science, Communications, Philosophy, Pre-Law, Business, Economics, Accounting and others
- Prior internship experience in due diligence research, background check research or compliance-driven research strongly preferred, however other internships/experience with significant research and writing will be considered
- Intellectual curiosity and research tenacity. Must love digging deep to answer a question, solve a puzzle, or understand a thorny problem
- Discretion, good judgment, and the ability to maintain client confidentiality
- Extremely strong written and oral communication skills
- Familiarity with basic business concepts is helpful (e.g. balance sheets, basic accounting, the functioning of capital markets, etc.)
- Must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status)