What are we trying to do?
ION FX Team is a multi-site team responsible for the evolution of an existing pre-trade ION FX eTrading / Aphelion solution, and also the re-engineering of the legacy post trade management WSS FX solution on the ION Platform. The reengineering of the legacy WSS FX solution entails a significant programme of work over a number of years and is being developed in partnership with one of Wall Street System's long standing customers.
The deployment team operates closely with developers and business analysts to provide end to end deployment solutions to our customers which are key investment banks. The team is responsible for hardware estimation, deployment analysis, deployment, and maintenance of ION software for both internal and client trading platforms. Focus is greatly on automating redundant manual flows and using inhouse automated deployment tools. Team will work closely with developers of inhouse automated tools to provide feedback and new requirements. Team is actively using AWS cloud infrastructure to swiftly produce and replicate testing and demo environments. We serve our clients in a high-pressured, exciting and rapidly evolving environment where a structured and systematic mind-set is a must.
What do we need help on?
We are looking for talented Deployment / DevOps Engineers to expand our deployment team in Noida/Delhi.
The successful candidate will focus on software deployments from development to production in a reliable and efficient manner.
Within the FX Deployment team, your main role is to work on the automation pipeline for deploying, testing, operating and monitoring our systems:
· You will take care of complex software installations and configuration in R&D, Quality Assurance, Demo and clients environments
· You will collaborate with different teams such as Development, Project Management, Client support etc.
· You will act as requirement provider to developers of automated tools.
· You will contribute on the integration of software developed by different teams, and put in place the tools to deploy it on different environments (development, test, demo and client)
· You will develop, improve, and thoroughly document operational practices and procedures.
· You will write documentation and train users on software installation
What are the hard skills most valuable?
· Strong working knowledge of Linux (RedHat preferred) and Windows operating systems
· Experience with AWS (Amazon cloud)
· Experience with Docker
· Comfortable with SQL and XML
· Experience with Jenkins
· Experience with Infrastructure Monitoring Tools (for example Nagios)
· Database Administration (Oracle 12/18) and/or SQL Server (2017)
· Experience with bash scripting
· Familiar with source code management systems (Git and subversion)
· Proficient in high level script languages (Python, JSON and/or YAML)
· Good to have Configuration Management and release Management knowledge.
Any build tools like ant , Maven
· Hands on knowledge on CI and CD
What are the soft skills most valuable?
· Positive and optimistic outlook, solution orientated attitude.
· Fluent in English; any other language is an advantage.
· Very strong problem-solving capabilities and a proven track record in a “problem solving” environment are desirable.
· Ability to react positively to changes in workload, targets, and plans.
· Ability to work independently as well as within a team.
Keen interest in the worlds of software, technology