ION Analytics Data
About ION Analytics
ION Analytics is the market leader in providing solutions to Investment Banking, Capital Markets, Sales, Trading & Research and Institutional Investors.
Our mission is to enable the global capital markets to operate in the most effective and impactful way.
Our mission is to drive the digitisation of the capital markets through innovative and intuitive technology powered by deep data analytics and machine learning.
ION Analytics’ Data function is responsible for the creation, management and expansion of the group’s markets data. To support the group’s vision to transform global capital markets, the Data team aspires to be best-in-class in the sourcing, ingestion, validation and reconciliation of an ever-growing amount of investment banking data and closely engaging with the market to ensure continuous relevance and value of this data to clients.
The role requires a systematic and proactive approach to continuous improvement around data and content gathering, data management and analysis. Solid programming skills and a problem-solving mindset are key to support the growth of ION Analytics’ Data business. Good communications skills with the ability to collaborate closely with teams in different technical and business-related functions and global locations as well as sound organisational skills are also prerequisites. As a Data Engineer you will actively contribute to data innovation, increasing value for our clients while fostering an inclusive and open culture as well as ensuring independent ownership of a large variety of tasks.
Duties & Responsibilities
· Utilize programming skills to continuously enhance and optimize data gathering and workflow processes
· Build and apply scraping technology to source and extend data from websites and documents
· Work on data point extraction, and bulk data clean-up projects through innovative technical solutions
Content Gathering and Validation
· Utilize various sources with internal systems and aforementioned new technical solutions to gather, validate and analyse global markets data
· Guarantee accurate, timely and complete data coverage. Automate quality control methods
· Utilize data science tools to facilitate the creation of new content
Skills & Experience
Bachelor’s degree and above in Computer Science or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience. Experience is the finance domain a plus.
Very good spoken and written English
· Strong work ethic and hunger for constant improvement
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Team player who works collaboratively within the business
· Flexible with the ability to prioritize and re-prioritize due to conflicting demands
· Determined in the face of objection
· Problem-solver with a focus on delivering results
· Strong influencing skills
· Proven capability to work on own initiative
· Attention to detail with ability to analyze large data sets
· Previous experience as a data engineer or in a similar role
· Technical expertise with ETL/ELT pipelines, data models, data mining, and segmentation techniques
· Hands-on experience with SQL database design
· Great numerical and analytical skills
· Working experience within a Data-related job
· Degree in Computer Science, IT, or similar field; a Master’s is a plus
· Machine learning knowledge is a plus
· Data engineering certification (e.g IBM Certified Data Engineer) is a plus