Cedacri International is part of ION Group, a community of visionary innovators, dedicated to providing pioneering software and consultancy services to financial institutions, trading firms, central banks, governments, and corporations around the world. We strive to simplify the way people work. We do that by providing workflow and process automation software, as well as providing real-time data and business intelligence to help people make better decisions. We are 13,000+ employees, 60+ global offices, and over 4,800+ customers worldwide.
As part of our expansion, we are seeking a Data Associate/Specialist with proficiency in French/German/Portuguese/Arabic/Chinese and good command of English. The job involves the research of individuals, corporations, and their networks via a combination of manual research methods and automated processes.
As a Data Associate/Specialist you will become an expert on AML compliance data and actively contribute to data innovation, increasing value for our clients while fostering an inclusive and open culture as well as ensuring independent ownership of a large variety of tasks.
Your duties and responsibilities
- Daily monitoring and processing of relevant content published by official sources, among which regulatory enforcement agencies and financial regulators, via a combination of manual and automated processes
- Screening of media sources to identify in-scope news and events on financial crimes, bribery, and corruption related to high-risk individuals and entities on the regions and countries assigned
- Continuous monitoring of PEP changes and elections in order to process relevant updates in a timely manner
- Contribute to content quality and expansion by ensuring active curation of existing sources and increase data coverage
- Subject matter expertise on legislation and regulation around Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Combating Terrorism Financing (CTF) on the regions and countries assigned
- Help with process automation, by supporting the team with building and maintaining data scraping tools and pipelines to monitor, extract, and process data from a variety of sources, especially public websites
- Utilize coding skills and subject matter expertise to continuously enhance and optimize data gathering and workflow processes
- Work on data point extraction and bulk data clean-up projects through innovative technical solutions
- Excellent French/German/Portuguese/Arabic/Chinese language skills + English (working language in the company and team)
- Knowledge of open-source intelligence gathering (OSINT)
- Basic understanding and willingness to improve knowledge on SQL and programming languages such as Python or Java, especially in relation to libraries and tools for web-scraping and data processing
- Fluency with Excel
- Understanding of AML/CFT Regulations, FATF Guidelines, PEPs and Sanction policies
- Work experience in research / compliance / risk management or finance field
- Affinity with current affairs, media, politics
- Hands-on experience with SQL database design
- Bachelor’s degree in risk management, Business, Finance, Law, International Relations, Political Sciences, Information Technology (IT)
Nice to haves
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Flexible with the ability to prioritize and re-prioritize due to conflicting demands
- Problem-solver with a focus on delivering results
- Attention to detail with ability to analyze large data sets
- Sound analytical and critical thinking skills
- Exceptional organizational, multi-tasking, prioritization, and time management skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a multicultural team across the globe
What we offer:
A 3 month long paid training period, working in a young team, continuous learning, professional growth opportunities.
Chisinau, Republic of Moldova
According to the Moldovan Law on Social Inclusion of People with Disabilities (no.60 from 30.03.2012) please note that candidates from the disability list will be given priority