We're looking for an experienced credit research analyst to join our Debtwire Credit Research Team. The team provides unique insights and valuation analysis on companies and their securities that are restructuring, in the process of a transforming event or raising capital. Key tasks will include reviewing financial statements and legal documents to produce detailed credit research on stressed, distressed and restructuring companies. The analysis will be produced in reports produced for subscribers of Debtwire, a ION Analytics subsidiary.
You will have the option to work from anywhere as well as in-person office training. You'll have a flexible contract and competitive rates. You are paid on a per project basis.
- Produce Credit Reports that provide financial and valuation analysis on distressed and stressed companies.
- Assist in periodic macro reports on bonds and loans and the macroeconomic factors that affect them.
- Interact with subscribers electronically and personally to discuss credit and macro analysis.
- Periodically provide analysis for internal Debtwire and ION projects.
- Along with creating credit research, the candidate will assist in various weekly, monthly, quarterly, and special reports and ad-hoc projects
Required Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- You should have 5+ years as either a credit or equity analyst.
- Naturally curious and driven to figure out how to analyze complex situations and be tenacious in obtaining information.
- Excellent understanding of financial statements: income statement, balance sheet and cash flows and the drive to thoroughly read the information supporting the financial statements
- A thorough understanding of debt and equity securities and the markets they trade in is required including some knowledge of bankruptcy processes.
- Valuation experience including waterfall, and DCF analysis is required.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Excel and Word.
- Excellent writing skills, with the ability to build a thesis and reach a conclusion in a structured manner is required.
- Ability to work in a team-based environment, with a sense of teamwork and cooperation
- Ability to manage workflow under strict deadlines.
is part of ION Analytics
. We help clients find advantage in a world of information overload and fragmented systems. Our business information solutions blend expert journalism and analytics with data to help banks, advisors, investors, law firms and corporations find opportunities in markets ranging from equities and fixed income to infrastructure and private equity.
On our platform clients can break through silos to originate opportunities, find buyers, and use resources efficiently, and our advanced workflow automation tools cut through the noise to deliver personalized, targeted information that saves time and effort, and drives better decisions.
, we offer careers that provide many opportunities: To invent. To design. To collaborate. To build. To transform businesses and empower people around the world to do more, faster and better than before. Imagine what you can do and experience. This is where you can do your best work.