We have an opportunity available at Acuris, part of the ION Analytics division of the ION Group. Acuris is a provider of business intelligence, with niche products which cover public and private M&A, distressed debt and Infrastructure, to name a few. In the last 10 years, Acuris has transitioned from a European-focused start-up to a significant global player in the activities we cover. Our major commercial offices are in London, New York, Hong Kong and Mumbai. We are looking for a Content Editor for our Mumbai office. The Content Editor role involves ensuring accuracy and timeliness of information published, which is gathered by 500+ reporters across the globe.
ION Analytics’ business information solutions blend expert journalism and analytics with market data to help subscribers find opportunities in markets ranging from equities and fixed income to infrastructure and private equity. On our platforms, banks, investors, and corporates can break through silos to originate opportunities, find buyers, and use resources efficiently. Our advanced workflow automation tools cut through the noise to deliver personalized, targeted information that saves time and effort, and drives better decisions.
ION Analytics’ solutions include Acuris, Dealogic and Selerity, and is part of the rapidly expanding ION Group.
· Identify and edit key time sensitive market intelligence and prioritize publication.
· Ensure the accuracy of information gathered by reporters, ensuring all published content adheres to Acuris’ coverage criteria and is relevant to our readers.
· The role involves extensive on-the-job learning and candidates must be self-motivated.
· Must be open to working in flexible shifts.
- Work independently and in collaboration with a wide team of reporters and analysts across regions
Core Competencies required
· The candidate will need to adjust to a steep learning curve and hence a fundamental understanding of the financial markets is desirable.
· The candidate must be a team player and should be flexible with timings to make sure he/she is a good fit in the dynamic and challenging atmosphere of a newsroom.
· The candidate will need to work European and American time zones as and when necessary.
· The candidate will need to have a keen eye for detail as well as be able to deliver under high-pressure situations.
· Other competencies in the areas of language, data analytics, data visualization, leadership and training would also be valuable.
Your skills, experience, and qualifications
· Excellent English speaking and writing skills.
· A passion for journalism and editing.
· 3-5 years of experience in reporting and editing for financial news services, newspapers or online publications is preferred.
· A Postgraduate degree or diploma in journalism would be an advantage.
· Research editors/copy editors at business intelligence-focused organizations, news publications/magazines, credit agencies or city editors who have experience in covering market intelligence, can also apply.