The Connectivity Engineer works part of a global operations team responsible for on-boarding and maintaining services for buy-sides / sell-sides on ION’s FIX Network at an application level. These buy-sides / sell-sides use both ION trading solutions as well as 3rd party OMS/EMS solutions. The engineer engages directly with clients and external vendors in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple requests from small daily tasks to larger multi-team projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To implement new application level connections between clients on the ION network
- To analyze, implement and certify new client / services on the ION network using the FIX protocol
- To liaise with clients, third party vendors, and internal teams regarding FIX-based projects
- To offer 3rd line support to the ION Support department
- Participates in the team shift patterns and assists with weekend work and out of hours escalation when required
Key Requirements - Required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A strong analytical approach to problem solving
- Initiative, good attention to detail, and strong organizational skills
- The ability to manage multiple projects at any one time, whilst prioritizing conflicting requirements
- The ability to work as part of a team, whilst also assuming responsibility for your own work
- The ability to follow detailed processes and procedures
- Eagerness to learn new skills
Key Requirements - Desirable
- Experience of interacting with internal and external clients in a confident manner
- Experience with UNIX or Linux
- Experience with SQL or other database management
- Knowledge of the financial markets
We’re a diverse group of visionary innovators who provide trading and workflow automation software, high-value analytics, and strategic consulting to corporations, central banks, financial institutions, and governments. Founded in 1999, we’ve achieved tremendous growth by bringing together some of the best and most successful financial technology companies in the world.
Over 2,000 of the world’s leading corporations, including 50% of the Fortune 500 and 30% of the world’s central banks, trust ION solutions to manage their cash, in-house banking, commodity supply chain, trading and risk.
Over 800 of the world’s leading banks and broker-dealers use our electronic trading platforms to operate the world’s financial market infrastructure.
With 10,000 employees and offices in more than 40 cities around the globe, ION is a rapidly expanding and dynamic group.
At ION, we offer careers that provide many opportunities: To invent. To design. To collaborate. To build. To transform businesses and empower people around the world to do more, faster and better than before. Imagine what you can do and experience. This is where you can do your best work.
ION is committed to maintaining a supportive and inclusive environment for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We respect the varied identities, abilities, cultures, and traditions of the individuals who comprise our organization and recognize the value that different backgrounds and points of view bring to our business.
ION adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor.