We have an opportunity for a Cloud Engineer to work on creating the best Cloud experience for our customers and users, by focusing on building a framework to support the design, plan, implement, operate, and govern ION cloud strategies. This with a view to move the ION standard solutions to a SaaS model.
Your duties and responsibilities
• Work with cloud platform teams to design, develop, debug and support platforms, services and application workspaces.
• Work with the application teams to design, develop, debug and support new cloud native applications and migrate existing applications to the cloud.
• Regularly evaluate the best cloud applications, hardware, and practices to keep the ION Cloud up to date with the best of breed available in the industry.
• Maintain strong and continuous engagement with security experts internally and externally to ensure the ION Cloud architecture and operating model is up to the top security standards.
• Work with stakeholders to understand customers' needs and to implement the cloud strategies accordingly.
Your skills, experience, and qualifications
Core skill: example technologies
• Cloud platforms: AWS, Azure, GCP.
• Container platforms: OpenShift, Kubernetes, Swarm.
• CI/CD platforms: Jenkins, Spinnaker, Argo CD, Azure DevOps, AWS CodeStar, GCP Cloud Build.
• Artifact platforms: Nexus, Artifactory.
Languages: Bash, PowerShell, Python, Node.js
, Go, Rust, Java.
• Orchestration tools: Terraform, Pulumi, CloudFormation templates, ARM templates, GCP Deployment Manager templates.
• Configuration management tools: Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Salt.
• Microservices and cloud native architectures supporting the highest security standards.
• Understanding of network architecture and application development methodologies.
• Understanding of SOA, object-oriented analysis and design, and/or client/server systems.
• Experience working with diverse, remote, and distributed teams across multiple regions and time zones.
• A proven track record as engineer, capable of working directly with teams, embedded in the delivery model.
• Security awareness and research: understand the importance of security best practices and know how to establish a robust set of defenses in line with the company requirements.