We are seeking a Data Engineer to assist with the architecture and development of the Commercial Data Lake as well as derivation of analytics. Reporting to the Head of Automation you will work closely with key stakeholders to gather and analyse business requirements, leverage existing data and ingest new sources to help build a unified, expansive and effective data lake.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain the commercial data lake by creating pipelines to extensive internal and external data sources
- Work collaboratively with the team to envision and layout the roadmap for the architecture of the data lake
- Leverage cross-dependencies with other data driven teams in ION Analytics (i.e. Data, BI teams) to drive the strong data culture behind our digital transformation
- Maintain vision alignment and leverage cross-synergies with the rest of the team
- Promote best practices and help setting up standardised, effective processes to improve your work and work of the team
- Actively build in depth knowledge in a range of domains:
o Commercial: Contracts and client relationships
o Accounting: Financials of ION and External companies
o Markets: M&A, LCM and ECM Deals
o Content: Articles and Journalism
o Product front end: Functionalities and platform offering
o Product back end: Usage and other archived information
Essential Skills and Competencies
- 2+ years experience in a similar role
- Working knowledge of Machine Learning (ML) or Artificial Intelligence (AI) preferred
- Proficiency in Python and SQL
- Experience of agile software development methodologies (Scrum, Kanban etc.)
- Experience of Azure or AWS
- Experience with Databricks
- Experience with Azure Data Factory
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proactive team player, attention to detail and quality conscious
- Ability to work to deadlines and manage expectations
- Be a quick learner and demonstrate ability to adapt to change
We’re a diverse group of innovators who provide trading and workflow automation software, high-value analytics, and strategic consulting to corporations, central banks, financial institutions, and governments. More than 40% of the world’s largest companies use our solutions. Founded in 1999, we’ve achieved tremendous growth by bringing together some of the best and most successful financial technology companies in the world.
Over 2,000 of the world’s leading corporations, including 50% of the Fortune 500 and 30% of the world’s central banks, trust ION solutions to manage their cash, in-house banking, commodity supply chain, trading and risk.
Over 800 of the world’s leading banks and broker-dealers use our electronic trading platforms to operate the world’s financial market infrastructure.
Within ION Analytics we help clients find advantage in a world of information overload and fragmented systems. Our business information solutions blend expert journalism and analytics with data to help banks, advisors, investors, law firms and corporations find opportunities in markets ranging from equities and fixed income to infrastructure and private equity.
On our platform clients can break through silos to originate opportunities, find buyers, and use resources efficiently, and our advanced workflow automation tools cut through the noise to deliver personalized, targeted information that saves time and effort, and drives better decisions.
With 10,000 employees and offices in more than 40 cities around the globe, ION is a rapidly expanding and dynamic group.
At ION, we offer careers that provide many opportunities: To invent. To design. To collaborate. To build. To transform businesses and empower people around the world to do more, faster and better than before. Imagine what you can do and experience. This is where you can do your best work.