We’re a diverse group of visionary innovators who provide trading and workflow automation software, high-value analytics, and strategic consulting to corporations, central banks, financial institutions, and governments. Founded in 1999, we’ve achieved tremendous growth by bringing together some of the best and most successful financial technology companies in the world.
•Over 2,000 of the world’s leading corporations, including 50% of the Fortune 500 and 30% of the world’s central banks, trust ION solutions to manage their cash, in-house banking, commodity supply chain, trading and risk.
•Over 800 of the world’s leading banks and broker-dealers use our electronic trading platforms to operate the world’s financial market infrastructure.
With 10,000 employees and offices in more than 40 cities around the globe, ION is a rapidly expanding and dynamic group.
At ION, we offer careers that provide many opportunities: To invent. To design. To collaborate. To build. To transform businesses and empower people around the world to do more, faster and better than before. Imagine what you can do and experience. This is where you can do your best work.
• Perform technical investigation of client incidents, regularly communicating status and risk either directly to the client or through ION's Business Desk.
• Escalate to and work alongside development and implementation teams to ensure incident impact is mitigated in the shortest time possible.
• Perform and document full root cause analysis.
• Log, prioritize, and manage incidents within ION's IT Service Management tool, ensuring they are regularly updated and accurately reflect the current state of investigation.
• Develop technical, functional, and business knowledge required to investigate and resolve incidents
• Liaise with internal groups as necessary, including Development, Implementation, and Infrastructure teams
• Provide technical assistance during new installations on-site
• Build and maintain strong client relationships
• Ability to work effectively within a team with minimal supervision
• Willing to work in shifts, weekends and Indian bank holidays, for maintenance work
• Willing to travel, if required
• Computer Science degree (or equivalent)
• 2–7 years' experience in a similarly fast paced industry
• Strong analytical, reasoning and decision-making skills
• First class written and spoken English
• Excellent understanding of computer operating systems (Windows/Linux/Unix), networks, and SQL/databases
• Drive, initiative and commitment
• Execution, productivity, rigor and attention to detail
• Teamwork, reliability and collaboration
• Lateral thinking and good judgment
• Ability to communicate confidently and concisely using business acumen
• Ability to create and maintain strong working relationships both with customers and colleagues
• Calmness under pressure and the ability to maintain good humour, particularly in the face of adversity
• Imagination, creativity, innovation and continuous service improvement
• While this is not a programming role, sound knowledge of basic concepts of a scripting/programming language (highly desirable)
• Knowledge / experience of ITIL processes
• Understanding / experience of financial markets, e.g. derivatives and electronic trading
• Experience of working in Managed services / SaaS environments
• The role holder will be expected to perform any other duties that may reasonably be asked of them.
• This is an excellent opportunity to join a leading software specialist in the exciting global finance sector.