We’re a diverse group of visionary innovators who provide trading and workflow automation software, high-value analytics, and strategic consulting to corporations, central banks, financial institutions, and governments. More than 40% of the world’s largest companies use our solutions. Founded in 1999, we’ve achieved tremendous growth by bringing together some of the best and most successful financial technology companies in the world.
• Over 2,000 of the world’s leading corporations, including 50% of the Fortune 500 and 30% of the world’s central banks, trust ION solutions to manage their cash, in-house banking, commodity supply chain, trading and risk.
• Over 800 of the world’s leading banks and broker-dealers use our electronic trading platforms to operate the world’s financial market infrastructure.
With 10,000 employees and offices in more than 40 cities around the globe, ION is a rapidly expanding and dynamic group.
At ION, we offer careers that provide many opportunities: To invent. To design. To collaborate. To build. To transform businesses and empower people around the world to do more, faster and better than before. Imagine what you can do and experience. This is where you can do your best work.
You should have:
· 15 or more years in a fast-paced newsroom with proven breaking news ability. Editing experience is a plus
· History with a global newswire is a clear advantage.
· Ability to mine and marry data and news
· Knack for networking and source building
· Strong organizational and time management skills
· Idea generation for editorial content
You will be required to:
· News edit, rewrite and shape news and long-form reports for the infrastructure, power & energy and renewables sectors. This will include inculcating market knowledge and mentoring reporters.
· Write four or more sophisticated and exclusive news stories a week
· Mentor reporters, and marry data with news
Regular workflow includes:
· Ideating and editing copy from across the Asia-Pacific region, ensuring accurate and compliant copy
· Developing sources
· Reporting exclusives in addition to analytic trend pieces.
· Uncovering market-moving intel
· Confirming leads from your colleagues, and also landing news leads from outside of your designated beat.
· Helping with any Infralogic events