ION Analytics is seeking an APAC Senior News Editor to join our M&A team, to help boost our editorial news and features on Mergermarket and Dealreporter.
The successful candidate will be responsible for identifying and guiding the coverage of major mergers and acquisitions, trends and developing innovative ways to combine human insights and intelligence with data.
We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced editor who thrives in a fast-paced newsroom and is able to collaborate with key editorial stakeholders to roll out editorial strategy.
- Bring substantial news editing experience to ensure high-quality M&A content including corporate strategy interviews; M&A auctions and competitive sale processes; private equity deals; venture capital fundraisings; pre-IPO situations, and market analysis;
- Hire, coach and develop reporters to establish a strong performing team out of the Singapore office
- Develop and support global editorial strategy and execute from a regional level;
- Constantly talk to market participants to identify key new trends in APAC and help to shape our editorial direction;
- Engaging with a sophisticated M&A community by representing our brands at industry events and on podcasts and video.
Required Skills, Qualifications, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism or related field
- At least 5 years’ experience in covering financial markets as a reporter/editor;
- Proven successful track record in managing journalists is a plus;
- Outstanding presentation and interpersonal skills;
- Self-driven, with a desire to build a team with diverse skill sets;
- Proven track record in working in a collaborative, team-oriented & diverse environment;
- Excellent written, verbal, and visual communication skills.
Within ION Analytics we help subscribers find advantage in a world of information overload and fragmented systems. Our business information solutions blend expert journalism and analytics with data to help banks, advisors, investors, law firms and corporations find opportunities in markets ranging from equities and fixed income to infrastructure and private equity.
On our platform clients can break through silos to originate opportunities, find buyers, and use resources efficiently, and our advanced workflow automation tools cut through the noise to deliver personalized, targeted information that saves time and effort, and drives better decisions.
At ION, we offer careers that provide many opportunities: To invent. To design. To collaborate. To build. To transform businesses and empower people around the world to do more, faster and better than before. Imagine what you can do and experience. This is where you can do your best work.